Monday, October 6, 2008

Homecoming experience

I could not have enjoyed more this autentic american experience! I have heard about this homecoming thing since my arrival to Eau Claire more than one moth ago already! But I would have never imagined this.This busy weekend has just been perfect. It seems hard to describe to my family and friends in Spain, we do not have anything similar to this big event.

We spent friday night with lots of internationals and also american friends, dancing, chatting and even playing some music. Saturday the day started early, after a challenging visit to the pickle before the sunrise in order to cotinue with the tradition, we got our green t-shirt in the bar that early.This was just the beginning of a long and non stopping day...The scenario was as follows: crowded houses in first avenue and surroundings, people sitted in the roofs of student houses, all painted and with colorful t-shirts, jumping for candies as the parade passed and then, finally, the match! I finally got to know the rules of this american football livened up by the fantastic band, just perfect.
It is time now to catch up with work after these last enjoyabe days ...Oups!

Hope you all have enjoyed a marvellous homecoming too :)

2 comments:

T said...

Luxo, this is Clau! I was reading your blog and I can see that you had lots of fun!
Homecoming is a great experience and I'm happpy you got to enjoy it since 6:30 a.m.
Wait till you see Halloween!

Martus said...

Morenuuu!!! This definitely has been an amazing weekend. My batteries are already charging for the next one :) Hip, hip americanization!

2 comments, seems u finally made a good writting work :)